Re: [TowerTalk] rohn tb25d torque bars

To: towertalk@contesting.com, SavageBR@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rohn tb25d torque bars
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:26:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/2005 4:51:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Hi Stephen,
It is my opinion, based on 40 yrs of experience, that the torque  bars do
improve tower stability. This is noticed if you are up the tower when
turning a
beam.

    Actually that's sort of right. Rohn made those torque arms for years and
hams used them since it sounds logical. When Rohn implemented one of the early
EIA/TIA-222 tower standards, they found that the torque arms added nothing to
the torque resistance of the tower but they do help stabilize the tower as
it's being climbed.

    Based on this Rohn quit making them but acquiesced to ham demand some
years later - "I've always used them so they must be necessary" - and started
making them again.

    And trying to force a thimble in those little holes isn't necessary, just
use a clevis/shackle as has already been pointed out.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Cell: 206-8904-188