[TowerTalk] Weller Portasol/Pyropen

To: kdutson@sbcglobal.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Weller Portasol/Pyropen
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:34:23 -0700
I found the similar larger model, called Pyropen, with a nifty piezo ignitor
and adjustable heat control, and multiple tips to be preferable to the
Portasol, due to the higher heat power available...easily does a PL 259 in a
breeze on a tower... Take off the tip, and you have a decent small blowtorch
to shrink heat shrink, etc...Same instrument also seen at Home Depot with
other brand names, such as Stanley, etc..Yes, uses everyday standard Butane
refill cylinders

73, DX, de Pat Barthelow AA6EG aa6eg@hotmail.com