Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna for KJ7CU

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna for KJ7CU
From: "Mark ." <n1lo@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:27:12 -0400
>From your description of what you'd like to do, It seems to me you'd need a
low-angle, omnidirectional antenna. I think pursuing a vertical arrangement,
as already suggested, would work well, especially since you already have a
nice counterpoise system going.

--...MARK_N1LO...--

Richard writes:

<<Mark,
Thanks for responding to my question.  I do very little ragchewing but do
participate in some contests, love DX - any continent is fine by me. And I
checkin to some stateside worked all states/awards nets.  I now have the
antennas for all bands other than 80M and all of them work fine
for me.  I've got about 260 countries confirmed and would love to work them
on 80M as well as the other bands.  So, hard to answer which direction I
want to give emphasis to - probably omnidirectional transmit will be fine
overall.  I have a K9AY loop which will allow me some flexibility in
directional receive for 80/160M.  Anyway, lots of hams have responded and
suggested that I at least try to shunt-feed my tower for 80M in addition to
the 160M shunt-fed which is working well.  This new 80M antenna I want will
be my sole 80M antenna - at least for now. I have about 1 acre of property
and one tower and probably no hopes of a second tower - at least for a
while.  What do you think? Thanks, Richard - KJ7CU >>