Re: [TowerTalk] Things to consider while my house is being built

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Things to consider while my house is being built
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:44:05 -0600
If you are planning to have a tower, when a backhoe shows up, have him
dig the hole for your tower.  Since he is already there, you should get
a good deal.  I paid less than $50 for my hole doing it that way.

If you are far enough along with tower construction, at the end of house
construction, have the builder order the concrete for you.  You should
be able to get a better price.  I paid $85/yd.

Wire 240V into your operating room.

Plan how you are going to get the cables out of the operating room and
have an alternate path.  Builders like to trash your plans by filling
the area with air ducts, cables, pipes, and all sorts of stuff.  I
didn't put the access hole in while the house was being built, for fear
that the inspector would flip-out.

Jerry, K4SAV