[TowerTalk] Stringing beverage antenna wires [OT]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stringing beverage antenna wires [OT]
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:03:01 -0600
I will install my first beverage antenna soon. The ground has frozen, the snow
has fallen, and the pond is growing thicker with ice each day. It's antenna
building time! :-)

I read many articles regarding the length, height, matching, termination, and
other aspects of the beverage. I was also interested in the mechanical aspects
of holding a 600+ foot piece of wire up in the air. The amateur literature
offers some recommendations, but it doesn't hold a candle compared to the
electrical aspects.

I want to pass along links I found. It seems the farming community has dealt
with this issue long before Harold Beverage discovered the benefit of his
antenna!

I continue to be amazed by how much I don't know! How about a "spinning jenny",
or the "wire vise", or the "wire link", or how to identify the lead end of the
wire, etc... For those of you who grew up on the farm, this is old hat. But for
us city slickers who moved out to the country to build our starter castles...
well... here you go...

Working with high tensile fence wire:
http://www.foothill.net/~ringram/hitensle.htm

So you thought you knew how to drive a staple:
http://www.foothill.net/~ringram/staple.htm

A simple wire tension meter:
http://www.foothill.net/~ringram/tension.htm

A stronger end brace: