Re: [TowerTalk] Brand new and appreciate help---Glen Martintower & more.

To: jimsmith@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Brand new and appreciate help---Glen Martintower & more..
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:33:41 -0500 (EST)
Just to add a bit to the threaded rod (or All-Thread) discussion- I
used stainless steel threaded rod, and had to remember to use
anti-seize on everything.  I had some galling even from the first
trial fittings when I was negligent about that.

I've a C3S and a 40M rotatable dipole on top of my 17' Glen Martin and
have no fear of it coming down, although I did reinforce the roof and
tie it to a load-bearing wall. OTOH, my house is 99 years old and the
code was bit slack at the time.  And I don't live in a particularly
demanding location.

73, doug

   Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:22:21 -0800
   From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>

   Along with Steve's suggestion, what I like about through bolts or
   all-thread is that you can inspect both ends of them.  With lag bolts,
   if you get some rot around them it seems to me that you'll never know
   until they pull out.

   73, Jim Smith   VE7FO