Re: [TowerTalk] Beam toubleshooting problem - help please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beam toubleshooting problem - help please
From: "Robert Chudek" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:19:07 -0600
Gary,

As I was reading your "situation", the idea of tapping each 40m element to see
if the problem could be aggravated and isolated entered my mind. Reading
further in your message I see you have this idea too. This would be my next
step after checking everything within easy reach of the mast. I am curious
whether a defective parasitic element can cause your vswr to go to 3:1.

I have been contemplating the Opti 40/20 meter antenna for next spring. When
your 3 elements are operating properly on 40m, what does your vswr curve look
like? I see it is at 80 foot on your tower?

73 de Bob - K0RC