Re: [TowerTalk] EZ-hang - Tree Companies

To: towertalk@contesting.com, steveac@charter.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EZ-hang - Tree Companies
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:20:11 EST

In a message dated 12/14/2005 5:01:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Good idea . . . but how do I verify that the tree man has  insurance?

    First, ask them. It wouldn't hurt for them to  show you some
documentation if you don't feel warm and fuzzy with their  response.

>  What kind of insurance should I look for? How much  coverage?

    What you're trying to do is to establish if the  guy is a real contractor
or not. State licensed contractors generally have to  carry liability
insurance and bonding. In Washington state you need $300k of  liability
insurance to
get a contractor's license.

    The whole point of this is to make sure that if  something happens,
YOU'RE protected. With a few exceptions, guys doing  ham tower work DO NOT have
any
insurance and there is a huge risk exposure  because of that. The implication
is that I'm sure that there are arborists  without insurance as well.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
an insured tower contractor