Re: [TowerTalk] motorizing the hand winch on a US Tower MARB550

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] motorizing the hand winch on a US Tower MARB550
From: "Richard Williams" <richardw@mho.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:50:12 -0700
I have a US Tower HDX 555 and a MARB555 (which I just sold).  Motorized the
HDX 555 (the tower, not the tilt over) using a Dayton Winch model 4Z327B.
It works fine on the HDX and I don't see why it won't work on the MARB.

It is a hell of a lot easier pushing a button and watching the tower go up
and down than turning the winch crank for 15 mins!  The only caution is
don't push the brake release button when the tower is up; otherwise the
tower will come down faster than a ballet dancer getting out of a mosh pit.

Dick K8ZTT
Franktown, CO

PS  A ballet dancer not liking a mosh pit is an assumption on my part; the
tower retracting "faster than a speeding bullet" is fact.