Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 INTERACTION WITH TRIBANDER

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 INTERACTION WITH TRIBANDER
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:30:38 -0600
I just looked at my XM240 in EZNEC at 1.8 MHz and the gain, straight up
with the source at the antenna, didn't look too bad, but when I figured
in the line loss for my RG213, the line loss was 34 dB.  Now maybe if I
could open the shield connection.....

It does work as a 160 receive antenna (better than a low dipole) but not
nearly as good as an EWE, K9AY, or beverage.

Jerry, K4SAV