Re: [TowerTalk] Why FL policy holders hate insurance companies

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why FL policy holders hate insurance companies
From: "Jerry Muller" <k0tv@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:16:19 -0500
Just for your information, so called "outrageous" tort claims only account
for 1/2 of 1 percent of the cost of medical malpractice insurance. That
number I KNOW to be true. These days juries in auto accident claims tend to
make very small awards if anything. My wife is a personal injury attorney
and she HATES to go before a jury because they almost always award nothing.
As a result, the insurance companies are now fighting EVERYTHING in court
and have stopped settling anything.

If you're getting ripped off on your premiums and insurance companies aren't
paying out, where is the money going?

Peace and 73,

Jerry, K0TV