Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Question
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:10:37 -0600
If all you need is a rotatable dipole (and not a beam)
you might consider matching the *boom* of you tribander
for 30 or 40 meters.  I've been using this idea (from
N4KG) for years now, and it works very well. Below is a
link to some photos and details from my installation.
Your reflector and last director will have to be grounded
to the boom (acting as capacity hats) in order for this
technique to work.

http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/pix/40boom.html

73

-Kirk  K4RO   (whose supposedly no-good trapped Mosley beams
               just helped him to win another contest...)