Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Question

To: KD8OK <kd8ok@n-focus.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Question
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:50:31 -0500
On Mar 22, 2006, at 9:05 PM, KD8OK wrote:

> I would NOT recomment an A4 with the 40 meter add on kit.  My
> expierence
> with it is that is really goof's up 20.
>
> I put one up for a friend a number of years ago and took it down
> soon after
> and removed the 40 meter portion.  It really "narrows up" the
> bandwidth on
> 20.

Last October, I put the similar A743 kit on my A3S. I have not seen
this "narrowing" of 20m. The 20m SWR curves are much the same as before.

The 40m has a rather narrow SWR bandwidth by itself, but it has
worked very well for me -- better than any 40m antenna I could put
up, mainly because my highest support is limited to my 15m tower, on
which the A3S resides.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901