Re: [TowerTalk] Self Supporting Tower Wanted not sure what to gowith????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Self Supporting Tower Wanted not sure what to gowith????
From: "Wayne Greaves" <wgreaves@pvtnetworks.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 15:50:42 -0700
I installed an aluminum 30 ft. freestanding Universal Tower for VHF and UHF
antennas and am very satisfied with it.  It assembled together well and has
been trouble-free.  See:

http://universaltowers.com/

I think the location of the manufacturer is more important than the location
of the dealer with regard to freight costs.  Given your QTH, Universal Tower
would be a plus because it is located relatively closeby in Michigan.  As
far as 60 footers, its windloading is only 6.5 sq ft. (100 mph zone rating).
However, if you drop down to 50 ft. the windloading increases to 10.5, which
*may* be adequate for you.  Good luck on the project!

Wayne, WØZW