Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu G-1000DXA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV vs Yaesu G-1000DXA
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:20:08 -0400
I have been using a G-1000SDX to turn the C-3E/EF-240S combo for about 7 years,
and the C-3 alone for 3 years before that.  No problem.  The EF-240X is a
bigger antenna (longer elements) but I think based on my experience it will be
fine.

My EF-240S is above my C-3E, and I'd recommend going that route.  At 6-foot
clearance I had to turn the 240 90 degrees relative to the C-3E to get rid of
severe interaction on 15 meters.  Go at least 10, preferably 12-foot spacing if
you can manage it.

Incidentally, that's another advantage of the Yaesu rotator - I simply added a
second pointer to the direction indicator to indicate where my EF-240S is
pointed, and that was that.  I hardly ever get confused before 4AM Sunday
morning in a contest!

73, Pete