Re: [TowerTalk] EHS leader on phillystran guys

To: TTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EHS leader on phillystran guys
From: Dave Fuller <rfcdma@spinn.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 08:12:35 -0600
For about 6 feet on the tower end,   I slipped some big thick UV
resistant water hose over the Philly and hose clamped it in place for
additional abrasion resistance from tools, ropes, etc.   The hose clamps
are at the top and go over the guy wraps.  It is left open at the bottom
end so it will drain if moisture gets in.   At the bottom I have
elevated guys only.   I cut back all vegitation around the elevated
guys.   If a  canopy fire comes through,  it could reach the Philly much
higher than 20 feet anyway so I couldn't see the point of EHS leaders
with elevated guys.  In the event of a canopy fire I'll have a whole lot
more to worry about than the tower!

-Dave NN5K