Re: [TowerTalk] phillystran for wire dipoles in trees

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] phillystran for wire dipoles in trees
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:55:33 -0400
As per the instruction sheet Phyllistran needs to be preloaded to attach
the grip.  Easiest way is to have a  helper who wraps the free end
around her waist and leans hard on it while you attah  the grip which is
held securely to something that won't move.  I put a breaker bar in the
bench vice and slip the thimble/grip over it.  Wrap both legs of the
grip alternately.  Do NOT wrap the short end on first all the way.  My
wife actually volunteers to be the "dead weight" when the task needs to
be performed.  She can then brag to her friends that she helped erect
the towers.  I'm a very lucky ham!

I agree they are harder to put on than ehs grips, but not so bad if done
as above. Always seal the ends of Phyllistrn to prevent moisture
migration.  73 bob de w9ge