[TowerTalk] Helically wound verticals

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Helically wound verticals
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 14:44:23 -0700
Hi All

Some years back, there was an article, I believe in QST, about some vertical
antennas wound on 2 pieces of pvc pipe.  They were for 40, 30 and 20.  The
bottom section was wound for 30/40 and you changed the top section to change
from 30 to 40.  There were 2 sections that were wound for 20.  This was all
built on a pvc pipe frame.  Can anyone steer me to that article?  I'd like
to make some for field day this year. Where our club picked to go (why I'll
never know) there are few if any trees for antennas.

If someone could scan it for me I'd sure appreciate it as I don't have many
QST's around any more.  Thanks and 73
Tom W7WHY