Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Arrest Reels

To: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fall Arrest Reels
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:53:33 -0400
Ah, ok - this isn't what I was envisioning.  I thought that what was described
was a compact device that might actually connect to the D ring on the back of
your harness, with a pull-out lanyard going to a gorilla hook which would be
attached above you on the tower.  It would extend and retract like a seat belt
under slow, gentle tension, but lock solid if yanked.  I guess maybe there
isn't such a thing...  Seems like a viable idea, though.

73, Pete N4ZR