Re: [TowerTalk] DO *NOT* WORK ON ANTENNAS During Rainorwhyaliveelectrici

To: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DO *NOT* WORK ON ANTENNAS During Rainorwhyaliveelectricians are happily married
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:44:11 -0400
From: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DO *NOT* WORK ON ANTENNAS During Rain
orwhyaliveelectricians are happily married

>> An electrician who has so little faith in himself he has to check his
>> work?
>
> Hmm, that sounds a little smug.  As one in the field, when you spend 8-10

It shouldn't have even needed a smiley.  I'm not an electrician and I expect
only the best from those who receive my money.

> hours a day putting the same wires on the same screws and/or you have an
> apprentice who you are teaching helping you, it is certainly not out of
> the
> realm of possibility that one might make an error.  What makes the

I fly airplanes.  I even double check the mechanic's work even though he has
the rating and I don't. OTOH I guess threre's a lot of incentive to do so.

> difference between the sloppy folks and the professionals is that the
> professionals do test and make sure the installation is done correctly and
> safely.  The simple three prong neon tester not only checks for the proper
> polarity if you will, but also confirms the rest of the trades did not
> damage your wire during finish work.  An oversized screw or nail in the
> wrong spot can easily sever a ground in the home wiring environment, and
> that is quickly and easily checked with a tester.
>
> I do hundreds of 'routine' terminations a week, but since I can't quite
> walk
> on water (yet), I still test.

And...you sound honest. <:-))

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2