[TowerTalk] Gap Voyager gotchas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gap Voyager gotchas
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 20:25:02 +0000

K5UJ's comments regarding the voyager are right on the money.
I owned one...sold it, and bought it back.  It works fairly well on
80 an 40.  On 160, as Rob said, the 'radials' are extensions of
the OCF vertical, and it's quite inefficient.

My plan, in buying it back, was to convert it to a 45' high, top loaded
vertical, shunt fed, against a radial field.  I was going to use the
might be worthwhile.   But if you have the capability for an inv. ell,
you'll
do better.

n2ea