[TowerTalk] Wind generators/towers and antennas

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wind generators/towers and antennas
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:18:32 EDT
I am in the midst of designing a new station for KH6 and it appears I may  be
putting up some Rohn 55 as a support for a wind generator to provide
electric.

It certainly would be a shame to let a good 60-90 foot of tower be wasted  on
just that and the thought occurred to me that the tower could be  used as a
support for wire antennas as well as possibly side-mounted  Yagis.

Has anyone had experience with mounting antennas on the same tower as wind
generators?  If so, what was the experience with RFI on the antennas?   And if
not on the same tower, has anyone had experience mounting antennas  anywhere
near the wind generator and what, if any RFI was noticed?

KH6 law restricts hams to one 90 foot tower and it would be nice to have
another sky hook up for inverted-vees/guy wires.

Bill K4XS