[TowerTalk] Brazing ground wires to copper-clad ground rods

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Brazing ground wires to copper-clad ground rods
From: "k3hx@juno.com" <k3hx@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 05:04:49 GMT
I've been through the archives on this but have not found

suitable answers.

In addition to some Cadweld "one-shots," circumstances require

me to clamp / braze some less critical connections.

I've some skill welding and brazing and an oxy-fuel setup.

1    Is there a specific flux that is required or just works

      better for this procedure?  If so, a maker and part

      number would be appreciated.

2    Is there a specific type of brazing rod that is required

      or just works better for this.  I asked my welding jobber

      for "silver bearing" brazing rod and got a blank stare in

      response.  If so, a maker and part number would be

      appreciated.

3    I'll be using stranded #2.  Any special precautions, advice

     or "tricks of the trade" would be welcomed.

Thanks to all.

73

Tim Colbert  K3HX