Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strike

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning Strike
From: "NOATH" <n0ath@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 15:17:13 -0500
This is getting so hi tech that I am about 1/2 afraid to make any comments / and I am
the biggest, ugliest one on here. So I hope I phrase this correctly for all. I had ( keyword )
a Ringo Ranger II at 105 foot. Changed it to a Station Master just in an attempt to
improve my signal on a lower coverage repeater. To my surprise when the Ringo was
removed it was melted off the topmost element at a 45 degree angle and 4 to 5 inches
shorter than it had been when I put it up initially. The repeater was still operational
and I have no idea when or how this even happened. But garanteed it did at
some point. Guess I needed a rabbits foot or should I go get one now?

Dave / NOATH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>