[TowerTalk] Thermite

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Thermite
From: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:06:46 EDT
Greetings,

The alternative to a copper oxide in  the CadWeld mix is what was used many
times in WW II and later security situations.

That mix contained Ferrous (Iron, Fe)  Oxide (I think 900+ degrees F). That
is the original Thermite.  It is what was NOT yet installed on top of each of
the highly  classified
equipment racks in the bowels of the  USS Pueblo because it was rushed into
service.

When the ship was boarded, there were  no thermite bombs in place; hence the
use of hand grenades tossed into each of  the racks, once killing one of our
seamen.

Regards,  Warren;  W7WY