[TowerTalk] CATV & Phone grounds

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] CATV & Phone grounds
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:10:56 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/2006 9:04:09 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jimlux@earthlink.net writes:

And, for  both CATV and phone, their interest is in protecting *their*
physical  plant, not yours.  You are the sacrificial element in their
protection system.

An interesting point.
Does anyone know if the cable and phone companies are REQUIRED to tie their
ground to the ground at the service entrance?
Mine are not.
Several months ago my tower took a lightning hit and everything tied to the
phone and cable lines was *killed*. I wonder if not having their grounds tied
into the power co's is the reason.

73, Don - K4BEV