[TowerTalk] wire antenna materials etc..( From Steve's post )

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] wire antenna materials etc..( From Steve's post )
From: WW4T@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 16:08:46 EDT
I would consider old telephone company "C-wire"...it is/was used for  the
drops from poles to houses etc, and is a 2 conductor, copper clad  steel
arrangement imbedded in an extremely durable plastic. I have used it  for a
thousand
( 1000 ) foot loop for years just strung IN the trees and every  time I pull
it back to examine it, it shows none the worse for wear. I think it  could
literally be used to pull vehicles from ditches! ( its that strong )
  The stuff is available in big reels ( used ) from the phone company  for
the hauling off. ( or used to be anyway )
  If its not of interest to you, many others on this reflector should  try it.
  73   Bob  ww4t@aol.com