Re: [TowerTalk] concrete forms

To: "ADRIAN REES" <rees.a@btconnect.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] concrete forms
From: "KA9OFM John Garrett" <ka9ofm@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:32:40 -0500
While 2 days is good setting time for a pour that is only 4 - 6 inches and
everyone says at least 2 days, because of the extreme thickness of the tower
base I always allow a full week for it to dry. You certainly don't want to
start forming cracks in your new base.

In another thread I just wrote why you would want to use forms - It is to
keep the Earth from sucking the moisture out of the concrete and thus
forming weak spots. If you ever noticed a building foundation that is poured
deep in the Earth they always use forms and the reason is to allow the
concrete to dry properly. So My Advise is to use forms when you pour your
base. I don't remove the forms for 1 week either.

John, KA9OFM