[TowerTalk] concrete forms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] concrete forms
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:21:02 +0000
Adrian...

Clive's comments are on-point.  However, if you try to mix at the
site, you will have to schlepp both bags of 'crete and water.  It
might be easier to mix below, and have a powered means to transport
mixed concrete.  IF that proves true...then it may be as well to have
redi-mixed 'crete delivered, and spend the energy transporting batches
to the foundations, instead of mixing.

Do NOT partially pour a foundation in batches, and expect to have anything
but
conformally shaped rocks holding up your tower.  Depending on the time
between
pours, it likely won't bond properly.

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org