Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Rotor connector waterproofing?

To: <jmltinc@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Rotor connector waterproofing?
From: "Orcena Lyle" <olyle@usfamily.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:32:41 -0500
Here in Minnesota, in the land of the 3M Company, here's how I learned to
waterproof connections of all sorts.

Wrap Scotch #23 around the joint.  #23 stretches, covers every little bump, and
fuses to itself.  #123 is the same, only heavier, and works for larger areas.

#23 (and #123) is UV sensitive, so must be covered with Scotch #88 (regular
vinyl electrical tape) to protect it.

People say that they have taken this tape arrangement off of joints and found
them dry years later.

73 de Orcy  WØQT