Re: [TowerTalk] free CATV

To: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] free CATV
From: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@qth.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:08:19 -0500
TV companies, and explained what we we were looking for.  Both companies
had some "cable ends" that they were willing to part with.  One company
gave it free, the other wanted a little cash... but then later decided it
was too much hassle to deal with the accounting, and just gave it to
me.  Both companies required that I come and haul it away on the spool (my
lawn tractor trailer worked great).

The short story for me was... find a ham who has a contact at a CATV
company and then you're in the door!

Thanks to K4JA and W0AIH for the 3/4" CATV connectors -- I'm QRV!

- Scott KA9FOX

Scott Neader KA9FOX    ka9fox@qth.com
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://swap.QTH.com
Web Hosting Services:   http://hosting.QTH.com