Re: [TowerTalk] Q Street Articles .. ??

To: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Q Street Articles .. ??
From: "WA3GIN @ Arlington County, VA" <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:26:04 -0400
It is funny how the same discussions just keep repeating over the
years.  The last I heard the MAXCOM was a clever, not very efficient all
band antenna that was easy to install and with enough power would
provide  adequate  communications for most instances.  The marketing
claims seem to always exceed actual results and what is "new" about that
scenario?  We live in a buyer beware world!

Enjoy,
dave
wa3gin

p.s. Next Year PALSTAR is coming out with a legal limit balanced wire
auto-tune unit that mounts on the tower.  Powered via coax (60 volts).
Two rotor inductors and a vacuum variable.  Just feed it 100 watts and
it will do the rest, haha. I think the government will move in that
direction over time and we  won't have to  be concerned about the less
efficient antenna implementations being sold to the government...