Re: [TowerTalk] CONCRETE CURING

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CONCRETE CURING
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:44:39 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 01:27:26 +0100, "Merlin-7 KI4ILB"
 <merlin-7@sc.rr.com> wrote:

>If I pour the foundation, wait say a week. I should be able to stack the
>tower as long as I do not fully tension the guys.  this is only a 60 foot
>tower so the only stress that will be on it is the stack.
> Does that sound about right?

28 days is what I have always heard for a near-100% cure. I had the
same quandary with my tower base and finally decided to wait the extra
three weeks.

That was six years ago and the three weeks is long forgotten, but if I
had waited only one week and there had been any problems whatsoever
develop, I would have kicked myself into the next county.

Patience is your friend. You'll sleep better.

--
Bill, W6WRT