Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Thoughts on making low resistancejointsbetween

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Topband: Thoughts on making low resistancejointsbetween aluminiumtubing...
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:32:05 -0500
On Force 12 antennas you use NoAlOx plus aluminum rivets.  This seems to
work quite well.  The only negative, and it is minor, is that you must drill
out the rivets to disassemble the element.  I just took one apart that has
been up since 1999 and all joints are clean as a whistle with no sign of
corrosion.  BTW, the element is installed with the rivets pointing down to
prevent moisture from sitting in the rivets.

73, Keith NM5G