Re: [TowerTalk] RF Quiet Router

To: "John." <johne@tds.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Quiet Router
From: Mike Niswonger <mike.niswonger@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 11:48:13 -0500
John,
       Try switching out the wall wart power supply.  Many of the new
routers use cheap, noisy Chinese switching supplies now and not the
older linear power supplies.  It's possible you can tame the noise with
a couple of ferrites, but you're probably better off finding a
replacement power supply.  One of our local operators (alos a poser
supply engineer) just had to do this with his Linksys router...

       -- Mike Niswonger, W4CMN