Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question

To: <wa3afs@inav.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question
From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:04:18 -0700
They aren't light, that's true.  The way I like to carry mine is all folded
up (duh), and the best way to pick it up is to stand beside it, bend your
knees a little, stick an arm between two steps and lift with your shoulder
and the arm that's through the steps.  It's a one-hand job and your other
hand will be free for doing something else like opening doors.  The LG
ladders have flat steps on both sides (because you can use them in either
direction when in the extension mode) and the inner and outer ladder steps
line up so they are actually twice as wide when collapsed.  It spreads the
weight out well, and they aren't all THAT heavy anyway.

With a little practice you get the hang of manipulating it.  The reps doing
the demos at trade shows can flip them around from fully folded to fully
extended and back in a matter of seconds.

73 - JC, K0HPS