Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Laddder question
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:18:12 -0400
Thanks to everyone who replied both on and off the list. To summarize the
comments, it seems that the folks who've bought the Little Giant ladders are
very, very happy with them. They are apparently well-made and function as
advertised. The only significant negative points that I've heard are that
they are pricey (no surprise there) and somewhat heavy as compared to a
"conventional" ladder. A number of folks pointed out that there are some
"clone" brands that are significantly less expensive available at places
like Lowes, Home Depot, and big box stores, though the quality might not be
as good (a couple of the clones are made in either Korea or China and the
comments I got were that the construction might not be as good, though a few
speculated that the hinge mechamism patent on the "real thing" may have run
out, so the hinge mechanism on these clones might be identical.) I'm going
to take a look at the September 2006 Consumer Reports, which reviews
ladders, including "multi-use" ladders to see what they have to say.

73,
   David, K2DBK