[TowerTalk] Antenna Support Rope

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w1uf@yahoo.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Support Rope
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:44:08 EDT

Dennis,
I can recommend a Dacron/Polyesther rope for antenna support work.   The
Black Dacron covering provides UV and abrasion protection and the Polyesther
core
is virtually stretch proof (unlike nylon) and very strong.  Various  sizes
are available from Cubex Antenna company, 3/16",1/8" , 3/16" are suitable  for
most wire antennas.  My choice is the 1/8" .

Regards,
Norm W4QN

In a message dated 9/5/2006 11:20:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Hi,

Can someone suggest a source of black rope for use  in
wire antennae.

One such rope is 3/16 braided nylon(?) in a  black
sleeve.

My use is for longwire installation from the  outside
of the insulators to the supports--trees in my  case.

73,

Dennis, W1UF