Re: [TowerTalk] different OCF dipoles?

To: <w9nhq@myway.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] different OCF dipoles?
From: "mryan001" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 00:20:32 -0400
I have seen a number of these over the years. I have no real reason to want
a multi-band dipole myself but is there an advantage to having this type of
antenna ( with it's supposed vertical properties ) over an ordinary inverted
vee for a single band such as 75 meters?  I have rotatables for 6-20mtrs
like most do. I just would like to be able to stick something up on the
tower ( I have only one, a crank-up with just a couple of palm trees
around )that will do a decent to GOOD job on 75 and if possible 40.  So with
that in mind is there an advantage to something like a G5RV or OCF dipole
for 40 or 80 or 40/80? - Mike