[TowerTalk] Am I asking for trouble? - tower loading

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Am I asking for trouble? - tower loading
From: "jknodel M Knodel" <jknodel@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:57:46 -0700
I would like to get everyone's opinion on this -

I am planning on installing a US Towers crankup tower. These towers are
rated for windloads at 50mph and 70mph. I want to stack 2 beams on the
tower. These 2 antennas would exceed the tower's windload rating at 70mph
but would be well within the rating for 50mph. I plan to install a wind
speed meter and deligently crank down the tower every time the wind exceeds
50mph.

I cannot install a guyed tower at this location so this is my only option.
The crankup with these antennas and cranking it down in winds over 50mph is
my plan. Am I asking for trouble in doing this?? Thanks.