Re: [TowerTalk] Designing A Window Frame Antenna?

To: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Designing A Window Frame Antenna?
From: Geoff Blake <geoff@palaemon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:47:34 +0000 (GMT)
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, kd4e wrote:

> Clint Talmadge wrote:
> > How about a Vinyl window with a multi-turn loop around the outside
> > frame, fed with a smaller loop installed in the lower sill?  Cap tuned
> > with the cap external to the frame so it could be changed for different
> > bands.
>
> I forgot to mention that the dome is fireproof
> so the windows cannot become the weak point,
> thus the frames need to be metal.  Sorry.
>
> OTOH, you may be on to something for a deed
> restricted vinyl window frame antenna -- perhaps
> a pair of them fed as a quad-dipole?
>
> You might even match them on one or more other
> wall faces and get to a multi-window switchable
> array!  :-)

Why don't you mount the whole building on insulators and load it
against earth (or your neighbours pad)? :-)

--
    Geoff Blake G8GNZ      located  near  Chelmsford, Essex, U.K.
    Please reply to:       geoff  (at) palaemon (dot) co (dot) uk

    Please  avoid  sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint attachments.
    See  <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

    This  E-mail  and any  attachment(s) are strictly  confidential
    and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the
    intended recipient please notify <postmaster(at)palaemon.co.uk>
    and the sender by return and permanently delete the message.

    You may not disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or any of its
    attachments to any third party without the prior consent of the
    sender.