Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Potential New FCC Tower Construction Threat
From: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:33:06 -0700
At the risk of suggesting over-reaction in this
discussion and being labeled an Enviro-Nazi (I
believe that is the correct term), the more
accurate subject for this discussion should be:

Potential New FCC >>>COMMERCIAL<<< Tower Construction Threat

Yes, I agree with the seriously fuzzy math issue,
the "threat" they seem to be suggesting is that
commercial towers over 200 feet may need white
lights.  Not many hams would have that problem - I wish I did.

Should someone come up with a way to keep birds
and towers apart, I'd like to hear it. (Insert plastic owl stories here).

My problem is the dozens of birds that fly into
the windows of my home annually and do serious
bodily damage to themselves.  Luckily, towers aren't made of glass.

73,

Joe
WDØM