Re: [TowerTalk] 160m inverted l

To: ny6dx@aim.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160m inverted l
From: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:12:25 -0500
Greetings OM,
I'm wondering if you used tuned radials?
I had a similar problem at my old QTH when I put up a 160m inverted L, prior to tuning the radials.
I used the formula found in the Butternut tech notes 240/freqMHz. I used insulated #12 wire for both the antenna and the tuned radials (the radials were just strung along a fence and not really raised, but just 3 of them worked well anyway).
73 Darrell AB2E