Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Grounding (Lightning Protection)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Grounding (Lightning Protection)
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 14:20:20 -0500
They appear to assume that the guy wires on a guyed structure will be
electrically connected to the tower, so that ground rods at the guy anchors
will provide additional grounding, else why 6 ground rods for self-supporting
towers?  I would have thought that many/most guyed towers would have insulated
guys.

73, Pete N4ZR