[TowerTalk] Differences between Trylon and Rohn/Radian parts?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Differences between Trylon and Rohn/Radian parts?
From: Doug Hansel <mustbhe@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:11:10 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,
As spring approaches, my thoughts are turning to my 60ft of Rohn 25G going up.
I have the tower, rotor, antenna, and now I'm down to sweating the "small"
stuff.

So, as I shop for bolt kits, guy wire, turnbuckles, grips, anchors, brackets,
thimbles, insulators, etc, I see that folks say Trylon stuff is comparable to
Rohn.  It certainly seems to be cheaper!  So, my obvious question is...

Are Trylon parts really as good as Rohn?  and if so is there any reason to pay
the extra premium for the Rohn/Radian stuff?

Many thanks for any words-o-wisdom,

Doug AA1UI

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265