Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator connector replacement - trailer-stylevs. A

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator connector replacement - trailer-stylevs. Amphenol Eco-Mate
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:17:43 -0500
That only works if one can get enough glue/sealer to squeeze between the
4-7 loose wires that come off the trailer connector to seal the gap
between the wires.  This is what we had difficulty with.

I'm not saying it's futile to get a good seal.  It certainly can be done
with care.  Ed W0YK and I have just tried to show that other connectors
exist with excellent weatherproofing characteristics, easier
installation, and only slightly more costly.

-- Eric