[TowerTalk] Fw: tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: tower
From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:23:30 -0800
Hi All,

I don't think I can send pics to this list so I've pulled them off.  If they
are important I can forward them directly to anyone that wants/needs them.

A new resident in town has put up about a 40' tower.  On it he has a large
shoe box shaped antenna.  The antenna has four radiating elements and looks
to be 20 to 30' long.

Since he's put it up portable phones, EMS radios, and as I recall, some TV
sets, are not worring correctly.

Unfortunately, local city attempts at contacting this HAM have failed.
Apparently he's a bit on the "difficult" side.

I have a spectrum analyzer that I can take some readings with, but it's
about an hour's drive from here and I'd rather not go up there if I don't
have to.  Does anyone have any ideas what he may be doing?

What is the proccedure the city should use to contact him to eliminate the
interference he's causing to those around him?  I know the phones have no
protection but certainly the EMS radios would.  And the HAMs don't need
people mad at the whole group due to one knot head.

Or, who knows, maybe one of my wifi radios is wigging out and it's not me at
all.  Though I've never see something like this happen in any of the areas I
cover.

Contact info for the city is listed below if that helps anyone.

Thanks much!
Marlon
ooe@odessaoffice.com
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless