[TowerTalk] Tower Foundations, II

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundations, II
From: "BRENT BAUM" <brentbaum5323@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:59:42 -0700
Slight change on the topic. I'm almost ready to go with my 33 foot
unknown-brand crank up. (For those who want to take a stab at making an ID,
I'll send you photos.)

Zoning is clear, my small community here in Utah even has a version of the
PRB-1 on their books, in addition to county, state and federal exemptions!

My stumbling block is the building department; they want an engineer
certified drawing of the 3x3x4 (or 5 or 6) reinforced concrete block. The
real problem are the PE's, the least expensive quote I have received so far
is $350, and that's if I do the drawing and spec the rebar cage!!

Suggestions, ideas, on how to persuade the building department that most of
the nationally published drawings are virtually the same and reflect good
engineering practices?

Are there good sources of generic drawings in addition to the one in the
ARRL antenna book?

Finally I know our building department will accept an already "stamped"
drawing from another source, at least they did for my house which is only
vaguely similar to the drawing they accepted, i.e. it's rectangular and has
a basement.

Thanks to all TowerTalkians in advance,
K7MEI Brent