Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundations, II

To: hdmc38@bellsouth.net, K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Foundations, II
From: "BRENT BAUM" <brentbaum5323@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:32:26 -0700
Thanks all for the replies.

Interestingly enough the building department, when pressed, said they didn't
care about anything but the foundation. On the rest they defer to the
experts in the field, i.e. the hams.

Naturally enough there will be a good ground system, etc. installed. The
mountains of N. Utah get some really good thunder bumpers. Stray electrons
of whatever potential or current are not welcome in the shack. BTW the shack
is enclosed in a UFER cage basement, the tower base will be UFER style and
will be situated in the somewhat damper part of the property. We still flood
irrigate our yards so moistening the ground system is easy.

73 K7MEI, Brent