[TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical ant

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 meter vertical ant
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 18:27:10 -0500
I have modeled this scenario and if I remember correctly, the dipole has a
slightly lower radiation angle which should be better for long haul DX.  It
is also much easier to install since you don't need radials.  I built a 20m
version with a parasitic reflector while staying at a beach home in Grand
Cayman, however I had SWR problems with it.  I believe this was due to the
coax running down the side of the antenna and I should have run the coax
horizontally away from the center of the antenna.

GL,
John KK9A / P40A  ex ZF2JB